Bones Delay, Good and Bad News

I built the first bones delay yesterday and it’s been a little dissapointing. The bad news first – the boards aren’t suitable for using in kits or anything else – the regulator package I used in my eagle design is too small (TO-92) and the 7805 5v regulators in this package can only provide 100ma of current, which isn’t enough as when you increase the delay time resistance, the circuit pulls significantly more current – the result is pretty bad.

The good news is that I managed to botch-solder one of the normal regulators I use in place of the TO-92 7805, and the board works perfectly and as intended when it receives enough current, so there is only one mistake to correct. Here is a pic of the constructed botched delay:

bones delay 1

So now I need to go back and make ammendments to my Eagle design and send the board of for fabrication once again, this will have to wait until I have a bit of spare cash so it will be at least 2 months before I am back on track :/ rest assured, they will happen eventually.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s